The default EUI OS that comes with LeTV (LeEco) phones is still at an infancy stage in development – it has a lot of annoying features such as an overly aggressive update reminder; and a lot of missing features, such has a graphical battery use chart.
The alternative is to install Flyme OS (www.flymeos.com) on LeTV phones, fully converting the phone to a whole new operating system. Flyme OS is designed by Meizu Corporation and takes inspiration from IOS and MIUI. What is different about Flyme is its sleek menu’s and feel.
- Installing a different OS requires a full wipe of your phone- Please backup all your data
- All root / OS installs involve a certain degree of risk. Proceed at your own risk.
- Note the fingerprint sensor is NOT working on this ROM.
- Obtain Root and TWRP on the LeTV phone (Check out this guide for a full description)
- Download the Flyme OS ROM:
- (note: I did not make this rom. I have tested this ROM and confirmed it is working)
- Restart phone, Hold the UP button during restart, you will now be greeted with the TWRP welcome screen. If you want to change your TWRP to english, follow this guide.
- In TWRP, Wipe Cache, Data, System and Dalvik Cache.
- Transfer the ROM to your phone.
- Flash the ROM using from the Install Menu.
- Reboot and Enjoy
How do you find the Flyme experience? Did this procedure work for you? Comment below!