Update: Updated package to include compatibility for EUI 5.8 Roms. Please check the version of your ROM before flashing.
Update 2: Improved the download, now using Mega.
The LeEco (LeTV) Le 2 phone just got released to the public this week, and thanks to Chinese Netizen “Xiaolu” (same guy responsible for the LeTV 1 Root) , there is already a method to install Root and TWRP for this phone (X620).
***Root your phone at your OWN RISK***
***This root will erase ALL content on your phone. Please backup all your data***
Note: There are two version of the Recovery ROM,
- Version EUI 5.8
- EUI before 5.8.
- Please check which version you have as flashing the wrong version will result in failure.
- Enable Developer mode (Settings – About phone – Click “Build number” 5 times.)
- Enable USB debugging in developer mode.
- Enable “OEM unlocking”
- Check the version of you EUI. Record this down as it is important for deciding which recovery to flash.
- Enter Fastboot mode, reboot the phone whilst pressing [Power On][Volume Down]
- Download the recovery https://mega.nz/#!Wg8xzIxa!4mDSt3i1AiKb-BYZe-RJaupbduEIfeNYHhYJzwzFlnM
- Extract the zip file (extract the version corresponding to your EUI ROM, eg EUI 5.8)
- Open command prompt (shift right-click in windows explorer, “open command window here”
- Enter “fastboot oem unlock”
- Enter “fastboot flash recovery Letv-X620-Twrp-3.0.2-0.img”
- Now you should have TWRP installed
- Hold down the Power Button and the Volume Up button to reboot into TWRP
Enter TWRP (TWRP 3.0 is multilingual)
- Transfer to file no-verity-opt-encrypt.zip to the phone
- Flash no-verity-opt-encrypt.zip. If you do not do this you will not be able to boot your phone!
- Flash the latest root module from SuperSU. (download here)
Original Instructions here (Chinese)
If your device has this message on boot
Your device has been unlocked and can’t be trusted
Your device will boot in 5 seconds”
This is entirely normal and is a side effect of an unlocked bootloader. You can remove it by reinstalling the original EUI ROM (removes root or custom roms). This message will show up on all custom roms or root devices.
Discussion / Forum
Having issues with the install? Discuss in the impressivedroid forums : http://forum.impressivedroid.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4