Video installation guide:
MIUI, the Xiaomi designed operating system can be installed on LeTV phones. The reason for doing this is the solve the main issue of LeTV phones – the lack of maturity of the operating system : EUI. This is unsurprising due to the fact that LeTV only started manufacturing mobile phones this year with no prior experience.
Issues in with the LeTV OS “EUI” includes:
- poor english translation (some menus are nearly illegible and hard to guess what mean)
- occasional inability to download apps on mobile networks (due to the downloaded limiting downloads to 20 mb with no bypass feature).
- Some apps fail to launch or crash on the system.
One possible solution is to install Xiaomi’s OS, MIUI on the machine. Currently this is only possible to install on (rooted) phones with TWRP custom recovery installed. TWRP is automatically installed during the root process.
Once TWRP is installed, you are free to flash the MIUI rom onto the phone.
NOTE: MIUI is currently NOT available for the LeEco Le 2 / Pro / Max (As of June 2016). It only available for the previous generations of LeTV 1S and 1.
MIUI 7 6.4.22 for X500:
Currently the best place to get ROMs is over at XDA (Currently the best and most trusted English speaking developer community):
Le1S Rom Forum: http://forum.xda-developers.com/leeco-le-1s/development
A (better) list of roms are found on Chinese forums (Mostly because the development community is larger there as the phone is native to the Chinese market):
- http://bbs.ydss.cn/forum-lele_x620-1.html Le 2 X620
- http://bbs.ydss.cn/forum-letv_x500-1.html – LeTV 1S x500
- http://bbs.ydss.cn/forum-letv_phone-1.html – LeTV 1 x600
- http://bbs.ydss.cn/forum-letv_x800-1.html – LeTV Pro X800
- http://bbs.ydss.cn/forum-letv_x900-1.html – LeTV Max X900
Currently I am trying the MIUI 7 rom on me LeTV 1 X600 by ludashi (http://bbs.ydss.cn/thread-605689-1-1.html) and its running very smoothly.
As of now there are no know bugs or issues with the MIUI rom.
I’ll post up a review and video of the installation process soon.