This guide provides instructions on how to root the leTV One series of phones.
Updated: Added LeTV pro TWRP link. Added resources.
Updated: Added link to new root method
On your Computer (Windows 10, 8.1, 8, 7 or XP)
- Install the drivers for your phone using Snap pea .
- Download the following zip file (choose the correct model of you phone):
- Extract the zip file into a folder in you pc.
On your phone:
- Go to settings, and find the “about’ page. There click the Build number until you enable developer options.
- Under developer options, tick “USB Debugging
- Plug in your phone
- Copy SuperSu.zip, TWRP, Letv google-new from your computer to your phone
On your Computer
- Launch the Chinese bat file
- Press enter. This will send your phone into a mode with a black screen with the words “fastboot” on the bottom. Don’t worry about the black screen – this is exactly where you want to be!
- Press enter again and again 2-3 times to complete the recovery flashing.
- Once the flashing is complete, you will see an [OK] on your phone followed by a boot into TWRP!
- TWRP recovery. At first you will see a chinese TWRP welcome screen.
TWRP is a Recovery program designed to flash zips. On your phone go and click Flash zips and flash the included files:
- SuperSU gives you root
- GooglePlayServices gives you Google Play Store, Youtube, Gmail and other google related services!
Don’t have a PC ? Check out the 1-Click Root Method